Friday, July 30, 2010

161 days to go!

Well, we have been engaged for around 5 months and have around 5 months to go. 161 days to go, to be more specific.
I think we have been trucking along quite nicely with the planning. Although, the knot to do list slightly terrifies me.
We found a location for both the ceremony and the reception.
We have discussed food and drinks and cakes.
We ordered Save the Dates, and only got half of them because of a problem with the postal service. So, I ordered more. Those were cut wrong. So they sent me ANOTHER order. Half of them have been addressed and the other half will be soon, so that they can get sent out in the next two weeks!
I tried on dresses, found pictures I liked, and talked to my mom and grandmother about them. Kaitlyn and I went to a fabric store and found some great fabric that we think will look great for the dress.
Nick and I bought buttons and worked hard at making hundreds of button flowers.
We finished registering, although we still need to go through and make sure we did not miss anything.
Nick and I went to the fabric store in Jefferson City to look for the right colors for bridesmaid accessories.
Right now, we are working on groomsmen attire, figuring out what I want to do with my hair/veil, finding a place to live, and searching through honeymoon locations. I have the basic idea for bridesmaid attire, but I am trying to work out the details.

I just thought I would add a list of resources we have used so far.
- Green Wedding Shoes
- Once Wed
- Style Me Pretty
- Intimate Weddings
- Vistaprint- Free save the date postcards! We only had to pay for shipping!

Well, I will end with this note: I am currently watching Say Yes to the Dress, and it makes me want to throw up.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment