Sunday, May 26, 2013

neighborly love

Once upon a time, I didn't have a full time job. My husband wasn't planting a ministry. We didn't have work and babysitting and home group and discipleship groups and Sojourn groups. With that said, it was much easier to keep a blog when I actually had time to update it.

But I love writing. And not just about our adventures here in New England. I love writing about what's bothering me, what's encouraging me, and what I've been learning.

One thing I've really been challenged by recently is loving my neighbors. I realize that Jesus did not limit "neighbors" to those living next door, but it also didn't exlude them! How can I love the people of Providence if I don't even know the people who live above and beside me? SO I have a new goal this summer: Learn the names of my neighbors, and share something with them. That something could be cookies, veggies from our garden, or an invite to a cookout. Honestly, this completely terrifies me. I don't like introducing myself to people and really am fine with not engaging in "small talk" with those I don't know. But, I want those around me to feel loved, so I am praying for boldness to build relationships. If they don't want to be friends, that's fine, but maybe they need someone they can rely on close by!

It can't be THAT hard to just say hi, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment