Wednesday, March 16, 2011

bringing home the bacon

Hallllo.

It's a beautiful day here in Rolla.  Nick surprised me during my break between jobs and took me to a cool spot where he likes to rock climb.  He set up a hammock for me and then spent some time fly fishing in the river. Definitely a fun break I needed.

I figured I would spend this time talking about my two jobs! I am so so so blessed to have them. 

The first is at Flip Flop gymnastics.  The gym is right next door to our apartment complex, so when the weather is nice, I can walk! I coach from pre-school to middle schoolers, with a bunch of different levels.  Most of my kids are super cute and fun to hang out with.  Honestly, some days I get really worn out working there, but I am learning to endure joyfully.  My boss has a two year old who I get to babysit every Friday, which I LOVE.  He is seriously one of the cutest kids I have ever met.

My second job is at a small day care.  I work 2 mornings and 2 afternoons there.  Getting up early for those two mornings is not pleasant, but once I get to work, I get to hold and feed babies, and read and play with preschoolers! It's basically the best job ever.  I am learning a lot about taking care of infants, which is awesome.  It definitely makes me miss Talitha Koum, though.  The kids are so fun and I love that since there are less than ten of them, I can get to know them all individually.

Nick is busy with his senior design project and finishing up his classes.  We still have no idea where we will be after May, but he has applied for a ton of jobs so hopefully we will know something soon!  We are heading to Disney World for our honeymoon in a week and a half and are SO excited. 

I will post more later about our latest adventures, but for now, I need to go get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment