Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week 10

So I decided that I am going to try to at least do weekly updates on this thing... And since this is our 10th week of marriage, I am going to start at week 10... :)

We started off the week camping outside of Rolla.  There were plenty of smores eaten... even for breakfast.  Nick spent Sunday morning fly fishing and I read by the fire.

We learned about mutual funds and investments and such in our Dave Ramsey class.  Honestly, I had no idea what he was talking about.  Then we tried out Aldi's for grocery shopping for the first time! We saved a lot of money, and will definitely be going back.   I also got to have a phone date with Allison, which was pretty grand. We hadn't talked, besides texts, since my wedding.

The week went by pretty quickly.   On Monday, it snowed. I made cupcakes from scratch! I had never done that before, and while it was pretty time consuming, I was pleased with the result.  On Wednesday, it was in the high 60s.  I work from 8am until 1:30, and then again from 6:30-8:30 on Wednesdays, so I have a pretty big gap to rest and do my own thing.  Nick came home from campus and took me to a place he normally rock climbs!  We hiked around for a little while... I almost fell down a waterfall... And then he set up the hammock over a little drop off while he went and fished.  It was a great break from the apartment, and I just laid in the sun and read.  Then he had to come and help me get out because I couldn't do it myself, or I would fall down the drop off. Ha.


On Thursday, I got to skype with my lovelies, Rachie, Abbey, and Alyssa.  It was so great to be able to talk to them.  I miss having friends who know me well. Friday, I babysat Tucker, as usual, but he has pneumonia right now... After snuggling on the couch some, he went to bed and slept the entire time I was there... It ended up being nice because I worked on our Disney itinerary and got to watch Harry Potter and college basketball... two of my favorite things!

Today, Nick played intermural darts.  I had never heard of such a thing.  But he and his partner did pretty well! They didn't win, but they beat a lot of people... :)  While he was darting, I skyped with my dad, and got to see most of my family and all of the dogs.  Scooter is about to die.  I've been saying that for years, but I think it's really about time now.  Right now, Nick is playing disc golf and I am hanging out at the library.  Later, we are having a Lady Bears basketball watching parttayyy with grilling and, of course, Dr Pepper floats. I am SO excited.  I feel like I am finally able to pass along part of my culture... haha.

That's all for week 10.  1 week until Disney and Harry Potter world! weeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment