Monday, October 24, 2011

Provision in Providence

Howdy!

I am sitting here, waiting for the Rangers to end the top of the 9th so I can go to bed! Something that is definitely taking getting used to about living on the East Coast is the tv schedule. It's almost midnight here, and I'm sleepy! Nick went to bed over an hour ago. But alas, I had to stay up for my Rangers. I might be the only person in Rhode Island cheering for them! ha. That may be an exaggeration. But probably not.

Today was fairly slow... Nick went to Boston for a meeting with Sojourn, and I painted our coffee table! Pics to come later.

[BOOOOM. 2 outs. Epic. One more and I am going to bed and Texas is one game away from winning the World Series for the first time EVER!]

Anyway, I wish there was a way to write down everything we are experiencing here in Providence. But moving to a new place is difficult to describe! There is so much I could say. We are loving the people and the weather here. The only things I have really missed about home thus far, besides people, are the State Fair and the Ranger games.  And then Baylor Homecoming is in two weeks, and I am so sad I am missing that.

Regardless, life in Lil Rhody is great! We really do love it here. We are still working on fundraising, though.  So if you or anyone you know wants to help tell college students in New England about Jesus' love, we could definitely use your help! We are about $500/month from what we need to meet our budget. If we could find 50 people to give $10... one meal out to eat... 2 Starbucks coffees... a month, we would be set! We have so many friends and family who are giving sacrificially, and we are so grateful! And we are resting in God's provision. We know He will provide and praise Him for that. So please pray for us and this!  And let us know if you or someone you know needs more information. You can also visit www.jensensinprovidence.wordpress.com.

Welp, it's over, Rangers win! Woot! Later, yall.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, dear :) If you ever need to talk about being away from Texas...I'm here and I completely understand!

    We also just finished the Rangers game {Love me some technology!}

    Praying for you! Wish we could support you financially, but we CAN and will support you in prayer and encouragement! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete