Thursday, November 8, 2012

toddler time: color sorting

I'm a toddler teacher. Now, you may be wondering, "Toddler teacher? What would you teach two-year-olds?"

Well, I teach them how to have conversations. I teach them how to use a spoon, how to drink out of a cup, and how to clean up their spills. I teach them how to put on their shoes... and their jackets... and their socks. I teach them their letters, and numbers, and shapes, and colors. I teach them that you shouldn't hit people. Or spit on people. Or bite people. Or throw toys at people. I teach them that using their words is better than screaming. And that our actions have consequences.

Those are just a few things that we get to work on every day. And I thought that occasionally I would post about activities that we do together!

Today, my older two-year-olds and I sorted toys by color! It was a great math activity and they really loved it! I dumped out a few buckets of colorful toys on one table, and then put different colored pieces of paper on the other table and encouraged them to match the toys to the paper!


So, if you're ever in a room with a two year old and need something to do, there you go! :)

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment