Monday, July 11, 2011

6 months!

 This past Friday, the hubby and I celebrated 6 months of marriage! Compared to a lot of people who have been married much longer, this may not seem like much. But this is longer than we had ever been married before! So it was worth celebrating!
We headed to The Melting Pot for dinner. Nick had never been, and I had only been for dessert, so we were excited to try something new.

 The first course was cheese with bread and veggies. And apples. How did I not know people eat apples with cheese? This does not sound good to me. I like apples with caramel or chocolate. But we saved our apples for the dessert round.
 I must admit, the cheese round was my least favorite. I could do without it if we ever go again.
 For the main course, we got sirloin and shrimp, with potatoes, broccoli and mushrooms. The sirloin was marinated and so so so good. The only bummer about this course was that you have to wait for it to cook.
 And finally, we had dessert. Since Nick doesn't like chocolate, we ordered the white chocolate, that was mixed with some other yummy things that I can't remember. And then we dipped marshmallows and brownies and cheesecake and other lovely things until we just couldn't take it anymore. Or until we ran out. 
 I think my favorite was the little rice krispy treats. True confession: I ate the leftover chocolate with a spoon when we were out of things to dip with. It was delicious.

After our dinner, we got The Tourist from a redbox. All in all, I would say that Nicholas planned a pretty great surprise date night. He's pretty cool like that.

1 comment:

  1. Mom loves apples with cheese! It makes me sick though, so nasty.

    ReplyDelete