Sunday, July 3, 2011

Voltaire, hair...

So I kind of went through a headband making fury. I guess I just got tired of my hair being boring... And I am definitely not paying the kind of money people expect for headbands and clips these days, when I can just do it myself. Are you serious? So I made my own.

 These two have been permanently glued to headbands. I really like the pink and yellow one... but rarely find myself wearing pink or yellow. O well. I need to brighten up my wardrobe anyway.

The one above is probably my favorite. I just made it the same way we made the bow ties for the wedding. And I slid the headband through the little loop, so I can use the headband for multiple looks! woot!
For this one, I made the flower and added it to a stretchy headband my sister already had. True confession: I swiped it from her room. But she never wears them so I was pretty confident she wouldn't notice.

 I made these two out of old t-shirts, with a five-strand braid. I love how they stretch.

Well, that's all I've got for now. I made a few more flowers, but I have not worn them yet because I am unsure of how I like them.

Happy fourth of July! We will be up bright and early to see the parade in downtown Arlington tomorrow. Excited to celebrate with the hubster! Speaking of the hubster, he has turned off the light and crawled into bed. So now I am just sitting in the dark. Welp, guess that's my cue.

But one last thing: Isn't my cousin absolutely adorable? I think so. If I didn't think pageant children and their mothers were so creepy, I'd say "sign her up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment