Thursday, July 7, 2011

trust.

I have been learning a lot about trust, lately. As we have begun the fundraising process for Providence, it is so easy to put my faith, and doubt, in man. Asking people for money is not an easy thing to do, and the fact that we can't go unless people give is really scary.
As I think about this, I am reminded of Lamentations 3:23-25:
Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance; therefore I will hope in Him!" The Lord is good to those who depend on Him, to those who search for Him.
I can't put my trust in people to provide, because people will fail. I can and must put my hope in the only one who won't fail. And the best part is, because He is faithful, there is no need to fear. He will provide, whether that's through the Body of believers, or another way that will catch us off guard. Worry is a sin. The Bible is clear about that. And God has called us to Providence. He has broken our hearts for the people there, and closed all other doors. He will make a way. There is no reason for me to worry.

I have been so encouraged by the generosity and eager hearts of our family and friends! Their faith and sacrifice challenges me. We are so humbled to be a part of God's plan to further His Kingdom in New England. 

Today, I as I read Psalm 37, verses five and seven stuck out to me:
Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you... Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act.
I love that the Creator of the Universe, the Almighty God over everything, will help me. I need only to trust. That simple fact just blows me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment