Sunday, July 31, 2011

a whole lot of not much

Oh hey. I have been feeling extremely uninspired lately, which is why I haven't written in so long. I've been doing a whole bunch of nothing, while the hubster has been working outside helping build his sister's house. He's all tan now. The only thing more good looking than my man is my man with a tan.

Anyway, like I said, I've been doing a whole bunch of nothing. I did start watching Dance Moms, which I think is now my new favorite guilty pleasure. It's pretty hilarious.

In case you were unaware, my birthday is in 18 days, and Nicholas and his parents got me an early birthday present. A Kindle, to be exact. I am in love. I haven't purchased any books yet, since we have no income, and are getting ready for a rather pricy move, but I have downloaded my fair share of free books! Today, I finished Black Beauty, by Anna Sewell, which was one of my favorite stories when I was younger. And now I am in the middle of Twelfth Night. I definitely missed reading, so it has been good to get lost in different worlds instead of frying my brain watching billions of episodes of "House Hunters" and "Good Luck Charlie."

Speaking of Black Beauty, here are my three favorite quotes from the book:
"I have heard the commandments read a great many times and I never noticed that any of them said, 'Thou shalt be rich'; and there are a good many curious things said in the New Testament about rich men that I think would make me feel rather queer if I was one of them."
"Do you know why this world is as bad as it is?" "No," said the other. "Then I'll tell you. It is because people think only about their own business, and won't trouble themselves to stand up for the oppressed, nor bring the wrongdoer to light."
"My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt."

 My roomie and her Corey are moving to Missouri tomorrow, and I am so excited for them. Hopefully we will get to see them very soon.

Happy birthday, Harry Potter and Jo Rowling. Thank you for creating a world that has inspired a love for reading and writing in children and adults everywhere.

Annnddd. Since it is almost midnight, happy 7 month anniversary, Allison and JonJon!

Annddd since I have been reminiscing on Allison's wedding and then my wedding, here are some photos to close. I miss these people a whole lot.

roomie love
this pic makes me happy.

love yall!

some more roomie love after the rehearsal. Love this pic, Abbey!

No comments:

Post a Comment