Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Projects lately: a clutch

Last night, the hubster was flipping between The Italian Job and a coin show... Someone please help me stage an intervention. He told me that he dreamed about coins last night.

Anyway, around 11:30, I had this irresistible urge to sew. So, I went to the sewing room, cut out some fabric, and sewed myself a clutch!

Now, I am no seamstress. My sewing machine experience does not go much farther than a couple of quilts, seven bow ties for our wedding, and a few headbands/bows. I didn't measure anything, I just cut the fabric out. I am incapable of sewing in a straight line. If I did it again, I would do it a little differently, but overall, it turned out well, considering how sporadic this was.. I just love the old fabric and wanted to make something out of it. I had no idea what I would use it for while I was making it. But after, Nick suggested that I use it to store my Kindle when I want something small and soft, instead of my case.




Isn't the fabric just lovely?

1 comment:

  1. cute cute!
    and yes, I'll help you stage an intervention...

    ReplyDelete