Friday, June 24, 2011

Waco

Nick and I traveled south to Waco this week, and had a grand time.

We walked around campus...


Visited the bears...

Enjoyed Common Grounds...

Relaxed on a swing...

And then it happened.  I was setting up the self timer on my camera so we could take a lovely picture in front of the science building. Nick was being silly, jumping off the stairs and coming up with different poses to try. All of a sudden, a gust of wind came out of nowhere and my camera, in slow motion, fell off its perch and down three concrete stairs.  The lens was stuck, halfway in the camera. In fact, it's still stuck. And my camera is useless. Boo.

After that, we went to La Fiesta with a friend from Rolla, and then meandered over to the Zamzows to spend the night.  That involved plenty of Big Bang Theory, Fro Yo, and Gilmore Girls.  Nick and I had the pleasure of sharing a twin sized bed.  It wasn't the first time, and it probably won't be the last. And it was better than sleeping on the floor or the couch. But perhaps the reason the divorce rate is so high is because too many couples sleep in twin size beds. And least that is what was going through my head the next morning.  I kid. Sort of.

Corey made some delicious cinnamon swirl muffins for breakfast. After indulging in them, we headed to Common Grounds to read before driving back to Arlington.

All in all, it was a great visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment